This is an extremely random post but I just wanted to declare my love of lists, I would make them in every situation possible if I had the chance. However, many people I know hate lists, for reasons unknown to me. So I thought I’d make a list of all of the advantages of making pros and cons lists, then do the very opposite, why pros and cons lists can be a very bad idea.
So here I go:
The advantages of a pros and cons list:
- They help to organise that which is otherwise unorganised;
- Easy to read;
- Can easily be added to;
- Can help to avoid procrastination;
- Help to weigh up arguments, both for and against;
- Helps me to feel much more at ease;
- It’s much easier to make a decision at end of the deliberation.
- Lists can also be a very good way of procrastinating;
- They are very subjective;
- This may just be me, but I always try to add more to the pros side which leads to poor life choices;
- Can result in over thinking and thus increasing stress.
I’ve struggled to think of cons for a pros and cons list because I’m such a fan of them. I think I may make more lists in the future.